I find that this recipe always comes to the rescue when I need to whip up something quick and easy for lunch. Generally I will have most of these ingredients in the fridge/pantry and I guess most of the ingredients are pretty common so hopefully most people have them in stock as well.
Pasta (I normally use bows) but go crazy and use whatever type of pasta that you have
Two cans of tuna (this can be anything from flavoured tuna, tuna in oil or just springwater)
2 fresh tomatoes diced or half a can of tinned tomatoes
Half a chopped onion
Sprig of parsley
1 Tablespoon of Olive oil
Chilli flakes or fresh chilli
Salt & Pepper
This recipe makes approximately two servings.
1. Place a pot of water on to boil for your pasta, season with salt (once boiling add in the pasta and cook to the packets instructions)
2. Heat up the oil in a fry pan and add the onion until it is slightly brown and translucent.
3. Now add in your tomatoes and leave to cook until they are soft.
4. Add in both cans of tuna to the tomatoes and season the mixture with as much salt and pepper as you desire, also add in the chillie flakes or some fresh chille for some heat.
5. To finish off, add some chopped parsley.
6. Drain your cooked pasta and stir through some more olive oil to ensure it doesn’t stick and dry out
Serve on top of your cooked pasta and Enjoy xxx